Thiers Issard in Horn

Begonnen von Leon, 22. August 2010, 22:58:38

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Leon

Some vintage razors come with stock scales that are a total mess. Even if they're in good condition, some are just not right and this was the case.
The razor is a vintage Thiers Issard. It says "69 Medaille d'Argent" on the shank. On the blade, the etching has slightly faded away, but it says "1937 Special Coiffeur", which is a text that some current production TI's also have. The scales were plain and slim black made of plastic. Too small for such a blade. The pins were on the limit of the scales and the wedge was really small so the blade could (barely) close. A total mess, I don't know what happened in TI decades ago when this razor was first assembled.
Recently I got some translucent blonde ox horn cut as I wanted, I assembled the scales halves and the wedge together and this lovely blade that cuts like charm now is "dressed" properly.

So here it is:

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

The Vintage Scent - seltene und antike Produkte für Männer
Ihre Online-Quelle für "444", "Lavanda", "La Toja", Floïd Produkte und Badger Bürsten.

jap

Hi Leon,
i have to say this is one elegant razor and the beautiful blond scales you made are matching perfectly (the white!)!
Cheers jap

henning

Bitte Deutsch als Forensprache beachten! Danke.

Henning (Mod. Team)